Firewall warningForceSeatPM opens few UDP ports on localhost in order to get telemetry data from games. This can also cause a Windows Firewall (or 3rd party firewall software) pop-up to be displayed. If you block this connections, some games will not work correctly. Below is an exemplary list of games that require UDP ports. Please notice that the list can be modified in the future when a support for new game is added.
- Codemasters’ GRID, GRID 2, GRID Autosport, Dirt 2, Dirt 3, F1 2011, F1 2012, F1 2013, F1 2014 – UDP 10010
- Games that use Open Motion Interface – UDP 10017
- Digital Combat Simulator World – UDP 10018
InstallationOn Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, just double click the .msi file. Then on welcome screen click Next button. Read the license, accept it if you agree with terms and click Next button.
First startDuring each start-up ForceSeatPM performs a quick system scan to find installed games. As a result two type of actions are performed:
- When there is a built-in profile for the game, the game executable is automatically assigned to the profile so you can activate given profile and start the game from ForceSeatPM with just one click – Run game button.
- When game requires additional plug-in (called also connector), an item is added to Action Center. Connectors are not installed automatically as they integrate in the game so you have to begin the process yourself. In most cases admin rights are required to install connector so be prepare for UAC prompt.
Action CenterIt contains a list of issues that require your attention. The list is usually quite long on a first start and depends on number of games you have installed. In most cases it is enough to click the button next to each issue to resolve it. Just click Install and ForceSeatPM will install necessary components.
Why installation of game connectors is not performed automatically?You might ask why ForceSeatPM does not install connectors automatically during start-up. This is a very good question and there are two main reasons:
- Installing connector is a kind of integration within a game (3rd party software). It can break something (e.g. it can cause a conflict with other plug-in). We do not want to perform that kind of operations without informing user about it and without user’s confirmation.
- Usually games are installed in Program Files. Copying anything to that folder requires permission elevation. We could display N elevation prompts during startup but this would be confusing for the user – why do they need administrator rights?
Main window and game profilesMain program window is basically a list of profiles. This is a place where you start your adventure with a new level of entertainment. It also has a quick access toolbar on the right. Typical scenario is to click on a profile of a game you want to play and then click Run the game. It will activate the profile and automatically start the game.
Not all profiles have associated gamesAs you have probably noticed, not all profiles have associated games (missing gamepad icon). There are three reasons:
- Game is not installed in your system.
- Game is installed but it has not created any registry entries or other files so ForceSeatPM could not find it.
- Game has been installed after ForceSeatPM has already been started.
- Click on a profile, then click Edit, go to Game tab and browse for game executable.
- Click on a profile, then click Activate. Then close (or leave opened) ForceSeatPM main widow and start the game from e.g. desktop shortcut.
|Please notice that if you click close icon , it does not close the ForceSeatPM but only the main window. The program is still available in system tray. In order to completely close the program, you have to click Exit program or Quit from tray icon menu.|
Codemasters’ games configurationFor games like Grid, Grid 2, F1, Dirt, Dirt 2, Dirt 3, the ForceSeatPM is able to find game executable and assign it to profile, but still when you play the game, there is no platform movements. This problem will be fixed by ForceSeatPM on next system start but it also can be done faster manually. Basically the game creates a user profile on the first start. The ForceSeatPM has to modify this profile in order to enable telemetry data sending via UDP. The correct procedure for these games is as follows:
- Install the game.
- Start the game.
- Create user profile in the game and exit.
- Go to ForceSeatPM to Action Center and click Check configuration and games.
Manual installation of game connectorWhen ForceSeatPM is not able to find the game, besides a missing mapping of game executable to profile (which is optional), probably the game plug-in (connector) is not installed. It happens very often with e.g. X-Plane. In this case, additional manual installation is required:
- Click Games Integration.
- Find your game (e.g. X-Plane) on the list.
- Click Install button next to the game.